Melbourne Mercer Global Pension Index
About the project
The Melbourne Mercer Global Pension Index (MMGPI) compares retirement income systems around the world based on their adequacy, sustainability and integrity. The provision of financial security in retirement is critical for both individuals and societies as countries grapple with the social and economic effects of ageing populations.
The MMGPI objectively assesses the retirement income systems of 27 countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia-Pacific. The report also looks back at how the sustainability of pension systems has evolved over the seven years since the Index began and makes specific policy suggestions to improve pension systems in each country.
The project commenced in 2009 and is produced annually in collaboration between ACFS (project manager), Mercer (author) and the Victorian Government. The development and production of the Index is guided each year by an eminent Steering Committee.
For more details contact Yianni Katiforis on +613 9666 1014 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest research and events
• Syd Bone (Chair) – Executive Director, CPII
• Prof Keith Ambachtsheer – Director Emeritus, Rotman International Centre for Pension Management, University of Toronto
• Prof Hazel Bateman – Director, Centre for Pensions and Superannuation, University of New South Wales
• Prof Joseph Cherian – Practice Professor of Finance, National University of Singapore
• Prof Gordon Clark – Director, Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, Oxford University and Sir Louis Matheson Visiting Professor, Faculty of Business and Economics, Monash University
• Prof Kevin Davis – Research Director, ACFS and Professor, University of Melbourne
• Dr Vince FitzGerald – Director, ACIL Allen Consulting
• Prof Rodney Maddock – Interim Executive Director, ACFS and Vice Chancellor’s Fellow and Professor, Victoria University
• Prof Deborah Ralston – Department of Banking and Finance, Monash University
• Ian Silk – Chief Executive, AustralianSuper
• Prof Susan Thorp – Professor of Finance, Faculty of Business, University of Sydney