Natural Disasters and National Natural Disaster Insurance: An Australian Perspective
The report assesses the feasibility of establishing a national natural disaster program in order to address the deficiencies in the existing private insurance market. read more >
About the Program
The Insurance research program covers research related to general insurance, life insurance, reinsurance, disaster risk management and the actuarial profession in Australia.
The program is guided by the Insurance Research Program Committee. The purpose of this Committee is to build stronger links and collaborative opportunities between academics, practitioners, industry bodies and regulators, with the aim of increasing both the quantity and relevance of research outcomes to the benefit of all stakeholders.
The responsibilities of the Committee are to:
- Develop a research agenda for finance academics and postgraduate/honours research students.
- Provide feedback on research ideas and outputs generated by, or affiliated with, ACFS. This includes jointly overseeing the development of one Commissioned Paper per year.
- Contribute to the research agenda, with individual contributions including commentary, feedback or other forms of communication.
Recent events and webcasts
Research Program Committee
The current members are:
- Annabelle Butler, Suncorp (Chair)
- John Anning, Insurance Council of Australia
- Justin Breheny, Nuchev Group
- Emma Curtis, ASIC
- Kevin Davis, ACFS
- John Della Bosca, Every Australian Counts
- Kate Elix, ANZIIF
- Ian Enright, Reinsurance Group of America
- Elayne Grace, Actuaries Institute
- Carl Greenhalgh, LMI Group
- Jurgen Hoffman, APRA
- Joachim Inkmann, The University of Melbourne
- Deep Kapur, ACFS
- Yianni Katiforis, ACFS
- Larry Li, RMIT University
- Alan Mason, Professional Financial Solution
- Denis Nelthorpe, Footscray Community Legal Centre
- Bob Officer, Acorn Capital
- Colin O’Hare, Monash University
- Clim Pacheco, Business Transformation Solutions
- Frank Peppard, Insurance Box
- Paul Raschky, Monash University
- Michael Rumsewicz, Bushfire and Natural Hazards CRC
- Richard Tooth, Sapere Research Group
- Chris Wallace, Australian Reinsurance Pool Corporation
- Celeste Young, Victoria University
Login below if you are a member:
Professor Kevin Davis
Program Leader, Insurance Program