Date/TimeDate(s) - 01/04/16
1:00pm - 2:30pm
Chair: Amy Auster, Executive Director, ACFS
- John Brogden AM (CEO Australian Institute of Company Directors);
- Fiona McNabb (Monash University)
- Harrison Young (Director, CBA),
The session will cover issues such as the following:
- Examples of poor behaviour within and by banks globally have put bank governance and culture under the spotlight. But governance and culture are also important for getting good outcomes.
- What is a good governance model for banks?
- What is the right balance between rewards and accountability?
- Is there something about banking that creates particular problems for corporate culture and governance?
- How do Australian banks compare on these standards with their overseas peers?
- Are there regulatory or legislative options for improving governance and culture that should be considered?
- Australian Centre for Financial Studies (ACFS) and
- Monash Business School (MBS)