Date/TimeDate(s) - 31/03/16
1:00pm - 2:30pm
LocationInterContinental Melbourne at Rialto
495 Collins Street
The superannuation tax debate is alive (if not well).
- What is wrong with the current design of concessional tax arrangements?
- How do they rate in terms of equity, efficiency and administrative complexity?
- How could they be improved?
- What is politically feasible?
These are the sorts of questions which our well-known panel of significant contributors to Australian tax policy discussion and superannuation policy discussion will consider.
- Prof John Daley is well known as the CEO of the Grattan Institute for his many contributions to policy debate.
- Prof John Freebairn, also a well known contributor to economic policy debate has over a long and distinguished career had roles including Research Director at the Business Council of Australia and Director of the Melbourne Institute.
- Tom Garcia is also well known for his contributions to superannuation policy discussion as the CEO of the Australian Institute of Superannuation Trustees (AIST)
Chair: Prof Christine Brown, Monash University
- Australian Centre for Financial Studies (ACFS) and
- Monash Business School (MBS)