Date/TimeDate(s) - 01/04/16
3:00pm - 4:30pm
LocationInterContinental Melbourne at Rialto
495 Collins Street
Chair: Prof Kevin Davis, Research Director ACFS
- Charles Littrell (Executive General Manager, APRA)
- Steve Münchenberg (CEO ABA)
The session will cover issues such as the following:
- Has banking regulation, driven globally by the Basel Committee, become too onerous?
- Is it distorting and creating inefficiencies in the financial system?
- Or have we not done enough to reduce the risk of another financial crisis?
- How is the implementation of Basel changes progressing in Australia and how is it affecting Australian banks?
- What effects are other regulatory requirements, such as AML, KYC, CCPs, payments system arrangements, having?