Date/TimeDate(s) - 07/10/13
12:30pm - 2:30pm
LocationPark Hyatt Melbourne
1 Parliament Square off Parliament Place
Join industry peers at the launch of the 5th Edition of the Melbourne Mercer Global Pension Index (the Index). The Index compares retirement income systems around the world and rates them based on their adequacy, sustainability and integrity. This year the Index assesses retirement systems in 20 countries spread across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, with Indonesia and Mexico added to the list. This represents around 60% of the world’s population. The 2013 launch will include:
- an address by The Hon Louise Asher MP, Victorian Minister for Innovation, Services and Small Business; and
- a Panel of industry specialists who will discuss this years special feature on “Post-Retirement Solutions in a DC world”.
- more from industry leaders on the common risks retirees face now and in the future, and how well Australia’s system allows them to secure stable retirement income.
- the release of the results and rankings to the 2013 Index.
- Hazel Bateman, Associate Head of School, Director, Pension Fund Programs
- Director, Centre for Pensions and Superannuation, UNSW
- Dr David Knox, Senior Partner, Mercer
- Andrew Barnett, General Manager – Retirement Solutions, MLC
Moderated by: Neal Woolrich, Finance Correspondent, ABC Melbourne Newsroom