Date/TimeDate(s) - 14/10/14
12:00pm - 2:00pm
1 Martin Place
In conjunction with ASFA
The Melbourne Mercer Global Pension Index (the Index) compares retirement income systems around the world and rates them based on their adequacy, sustainability and integrity.
This year the Index assesses retirement systems in 25 countries spread across the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific, with Italy, South Africa, Austria, Finland and Ireland added to the list. This represents over 60% of the world’s population.
The 2014 lunch will provide the results and rankings and highlight the special chapter on “Trust and Transparency in Pensions”.
Since 2009, the Index has been a collaboration between the Victorian Government, the ACFS and Mercer. Mercer Senior Partner David Knox is the lead author, Professor Deborah Ralston of ACFS the Project Manager, and the development and production of the Index is guided each year by an eminent Steering Committee consisting of:
- Syd Bone, Chair, Executive Director, CPII
- Prof Keith Ambachtsheer , Director, Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto
- Prof Hazel Bateman, Head of School, University of New South Wales
- Prof Gordon Clark, Director of the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford
- Prof Kevin Davis, Professor of Finance, University of Melbourne, Research Director, Australian Centre for Finance, and Professor, Monash University
- Dr Vince FitzGerald, Director, ACIL Allen Consulting
- Ian Silk, CEO, AustralianSuper
- Prof Susan Thorp, Faculty of Business, University of Technology, Sydney
For further information on the Melbourne Mercer Global Pension Index visit www.globalpensionindex.com