Date/TimeDate(s) - 26/11/14
1:15pm - 6:00pm
LocationInterContinental Melbourne at Rialto
495 Collins Street
The Melbourne Financial Services Symposium (MFSS) is a longstanding event across the Financial Services Industry, which brings together industry leaders and experts across various fields to share their knowledge and global experience. Proudly sponsored by the Victorian Government.
The MFSS program in 2014, will cover: Innovation: How Technology is Changing Funds Management, Superannuation and Advice? and will examine how technological innovation impact the investment role and what the landscape will look like, in years to come.
Leading edge innovation is driving both business growth and cost efficiencies in the Funds Management and Superannuation Industries. The impact of technology across financial services will generate the need to re-evaluate the core relationship between fund managers and advisers and their clients. With Australia being the largest Funds Under Management market in the Asia-Pacific and third largest in the world, it is in a position to be a key driver of innovation and thought leadership.
Access to the web and web-based applications have opened up markets that are no longer restricted to onshore options, but allow for broader international investments, both for institutional investors and SMSFs. Technology is a powerhouse and shapes industry processes and interactions with a technologically savvy market. It allows companies to bring product to market efficiently and provides an avenue for Super Funds to cost effectively serve members with tailor made advice, allowing investors a broader choice and more efficient service.
Topics under discussion include:
- Keynote – Innovation and Technology and the affect on Financial Services – a look at the KPMG
- “Investing in the Future” and FinTech Reports” Matt O’Keefe, Partner KPMG
- INNOVATION IN INVESTMENT:
- Innovation in bringing unlisted funds to market – the mfunds platform Marcus Christoe, Senior Manager, Funds & Investment Products, Australian Securities Exchange
- ETFs and Innovation in the way Funds manage their Equity Exposures,
- INNOVATION FOR CONSUMERS:
- Innovation and the new post retirement product Dr David Knox, Senior Partner, Mercer
- Streamlining the super system for consumers (roll over funds on-line etc) John George, ATO
- How will robo-advice impact the financial services industry? Hugh Morrow, Managing Director, SuperEd
- Post FOFA Model of Financial Advice Tania Milnes, General Manager Mortgage Choice Financial Planning
It will host industry specialist speakers from key organisations across the financial services sector.
MFSS2014 Program will be held on 26 November, 2014 in Melbourne and will be followed by Netwroking drinks announcing the winner of the 2014 Victorian Innovation in Funds Management Award (sponsored by The Victorian Government).