Date/TimeDate(s) - 01/03/10 - 02/03/10
LocationSofitel Melbourne on Collins
25 Collins Street
‘Global Investing – growing the business in the new environment’
The MCFS has secured well respected and renowned speakers, who will share with the audience their insights into issues impacting on our landscape including funds management consolidation, changes to the domestic environment, fee for service considerations, economies of scale, efficiency, cost effectiveness and what is next for the industry.
- Andrew Cooke, Chief Investment Officer, Goldman Sachs JBWere Asset Management
- Aaron Drew, Senior Investment Strategist, Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation
- Jeremy Duffield,Managing Director Vanguard Australia
- Michael Dwyer, CEO, First State Super
- Rita Harris,Worldwide Partner, Mercer
- Melinda Howes, CEO, Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- J Richard (Rich) Kushel, Vice Chairman, Head of International Businesses, BlackRock (Dinner speaker)
The Melbourne Financial Services Symposium recognises success in the financial services industry through two prizes:
- the Investment Stewardship Award and
- the Victorian Innovation in Funds Management Award.
MFSS Investment Stewardship Award
The annual MFSS Investment Stewardship Award recognises long term responsible investment achievement. Applicants are assessed on their application of environmental, social governance factors, such as: investment performance, governance, risk management, investment philosophy, service quality, and product innovation.
Awards are given for each Superannuation Fund and Investment Manager categories. A special commendation is given to the winner who excels in their implementation of the United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment.
Last year’s winners were UniSuper and Lend Lease.
VFMC, Northern Trust and EPA are proud sponsors of the 2010 Award.
Victorian Innovation in Funds Management Award
The Victorian Innovation in Funds Management Award recognises a Victorian fund manager that has established successful business operations in Victoria and can demonstrate innovation in their investment strategies and business operations.
Now in its third year, previous Award winners are Warakirri Asset Management (2008) and S.G Hiscock and Company (2009).
The Victorian Government proudly sponsored the Award in 2010.