Date/TimeDate(s) - 03/08/10
9:00am - 5:30pm
LocationSofitel on Collins
25 Collins Street
Achieving Financial Wellbeing in Retirement
Annually, the Consumer Finance Symposium provides a useful platform for academics, industry and policy makers to make a valuable and informative contribution in a variety of areas relating to consumer finance. This year, the symposium is focused on achieving financial wellbeing in retirement. The symposium will address important public policy issues impacting financial wellbeing in retirement including longevity risk and post-retirement income streams as well as the opportunities for financial advisers, superannuation funds and product providers. The symposium format involves a series of presentations, “prac-ac” workshops and panel discussions from selected academic, regulatory and policy centre working papers.
Speakers and topics include:
- Finsia Morning Program
- The Hon.
- Justine Elliot MP, Minister for Ageing
- Dr Martin Fahy, CEO, Finsia .
- Benedict Davies, National Technical Adviser, UniSuper Management .
- Pauline Taylor, Finance and Economics Adviser .
- Sara Harman, Senior Investment Advisor, Novus Capital Limited .
- Andrew Robertson, Head of Longevity Solutions, Macquarie Funds Management Group .
- John Evans, Associate Professor, UNSW .
- Jeremy Cooper, Chair, Super System Review MCFS Afternoon Academic and Research Policy Workshop .
- Professor Michael E. Drew, Managing Director, QIC Lifecycle Strategies .
- Dr Carsten Murawski, Senior Lecturer, University of Melbourne .
- Rachel Lane, Executive Manager, Aged Care Solutions, Colonial First State Investments Limited .
- David Williams, CEO, MyLongevity .
- Profs Deborah Ralston and Kevin Davis, MCFS