Date/TimeDate(s) - 06/03/14
9:30am - 3:00pm
LocationErnst & Young
8 Exhibition Street
The Australian banking sector has a significantly higher ratio of housing mortgage loans/total loans than other OECD countries. Indeed, our bank balance sheet have over 60% residential mortgage loans, and almost another 10% in commercial real estate loans. With increasing regulation of capital and liquidity requirements, and intense competition in the domestic market for retail deposits, access to bank funding has been potentially constrained.
- To what extent will these changes impact on the supply of home mortgages through the banks?
- Are there alternative sources of funding or for such purposes?
- Will the securitisation market make a return to assist with funding?
- Will superannuation funds play a role?
- Chris Dalton, CEO, Australian Securitisation Forum and Managing Director Australia Ratings;
- Dr Rod Maddock, Adjunct Professor of Economics, Monash University and Vice Chancellor’s Fellow, Victoria University.
- Phil Naylor, CEO, Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia; and
- Michael Russell, CEO, Mortgage Choice Limited.
Proudly sponsored by: Mortgage Choice Limited
Mortgage Choice was established in 1992 to simplify the home loan process. Co-founders Rod Higgins and Peter Higgins had a vision of building a national network of ethical, credible and professional brokers who local communities could trust to help them navigate the mortgage maze.
That dream was realised. Mortgage Choice has written home loans for well over 350,000 customers.
Today, we write one home loan every 15 minutes in Australia, empowering and educating borrowers throughout the mortgage search, selection, application and settlement process.