Date/TimeDate(s) - 10/04/17
12:15pm - 2:00pm
501 Bourke Street
INTERNATIONAL DISTINGUISHED LECTURE
The Australian Centre for Financial Studies (a part of Monash Business School) is conducting an International Distinguished Lecture in Melbourne on Monday 10th April, 2017 hosting James “Jim” Bullard, President and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. President Bullard will present on the “US Economy and Monetary Policy”. This will be the only public event President Bullard will be providing whilst in Australia and is proving to be very popular.
The International Distinguished Lecture Series provides thought leadership to the Australian finance and business communities on matters of contemporary global import. Previous IDLs have hosted:
- • Dr Mervyn King, Governor of The Bank of England – “Through the Looking Glass: Reform of the International Institutions”
- • Dr Robert Joss AC, Dean of Stanford Business School and former CEO of Westpac Banking Corporation – “Modern Finance and Its Leadership Challenges”
- • John Fraser, Chairman and CEO of UBS Global Asset Management – “A Tumultuous Year or So – Some Observations on the Turmoil in the Financial Markets, Policy Settings and Regulatory Implications”
- • Jaime Caruana, General Manager, Bank for International Settlements – “Grappling with Systemic Risk”
- • Martin Wheatley, Chief Executive Officer, Securities and Futures Commission, Hong Kong and CEO-designate of the UK Financial Conduct Authority – “Challenges Facing Financial Regulators”
- • David Murray AO, Chair Financial System Inquiry – “The Importance of a Strong Financial System
About the Speaker:
James “Jim” Bullard is the president and CEO of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis. He oversees the activities of the Eighth Federal Reserve District, including operations in the St. Louis headquarters and its branches in Little Rock, Ark., Louisville, Ky., and Memphis, Tenn. He also participates on the Federal Reserve’s Federal Open Market Committee, or FOMC, which meets eight times each year to set the direction of U.S. monetary policy.
Bullard is a noted economist and scholar, and his positions are founded on research-based thinking and an intellectual openness to new theories and explanations. He is often an early voice for change. In addition, he makes public outreach and dialogue a priority to help build a more transparent and accessible Fed. He regularly engages with many audiences—including academics, policymakers, business and labor organisations, charities, students and media, among other public groups—to discuss monetary policy and the U.S. economy and to help further the regional Reserve banks’ role of being the voice of Main Street.
Date: Monday 10th April, 2017
Time: 12.15 for 12.30pm start until 2pm
Venue: RACV Club, Level 17 501 Bourke Street, Melbourne
Registration Investment (inc gst):
- Individuals = $132pp
- Corporate table of 10 = $1200
Registration Closing Date: Friday 31st March 2017 or before if SOLD OUT
To Register: provide your details (ABN as appropriate) to email@example.com – all emails received will be acknowledged.
Ms Frieda Kukulka
(03) 9666 1007 (Tues – Thurs) or 0403 483 869
Subscribe to our FinanceLink Newsletter to keep informed of upcoming events and ACFS News